Help Semiahmoo Family Place continue to connect families through play in a safe, respectful, family-centred environment where parents, caregivers and children can find support and build relationships.
Your contribution can make a difference in the lives of the thousands of young children and families who come to SFP every year. Discover the benefits of being an SFP donor.
We are incredibly grateful for funding from government agencies, foundations, and service clubs, but we also rely on the support of local businesses who can also benefit from brand visibility and recognition.
More Ways to Help
Throughout the year, SFP hosts Spring and Fall Raffles with proceeds funding programs for children and families.
Details for the next Spring Raffle will be announced in early 2019. Stay tuned!
When you order Mabel’s Labels for personalizing your kids clothing, suppliers and other belongings, you can also help others access and enjoy SFP. Mabel’s Labels are waterproof and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Shop online at campaigns.mabelslabels.com, choose SEMIAHMOO FAMILY PLACE (SURREY) from the school/organization list and happy ordering!
We gladly accept donations of new and gently used items. We are currently in need of the following supplies and non-battery operated toys.
- Art & craft supplies (paper, paint brushes, crayons, washable markers, chalk, construction paper, paper towel rolls, fabric, popsicle sticks, cotton balls, Q-tips, paper plates, ribbons, pine cones, wool & yarn, crayons, clay, googly eyes, shells, coffee filters, fishing wire)
- Boxes (shoeboxes, cereal boxes, other assorted small boxes)
- Board books for children
- Books for our parent resource library
- Clean dress-up clothes
- Nut-free snacks for our snack table (as well as tea and coffee for our parents!)
- Christmas lights
- Hot wheels cars
- Ikea Bookshelves
- Pop-up Shop Tent
- Wooden Food
- Telephones (play toy, landline and old rotary)
- Tea set
- Play kitchen
- Toy cash register
- Train table (must be very sturdy!)
- Kids table & chair sets (wooden only, please)
- Water/sand table
- Large appliance-size cardboard boxes
*Due to limited space, we cannot accept clothes, baby gear, large toys or furniture without prior approval.
Joy of Giving
Each year, SFP identifies families that could benefit from a little extra love. SFP members are encouraged to pick wishes from our holiday tree and purchase gifts to be included with hampers of fresh produce and groceries, donated by Choices Market in South Surrey, that will be delivered to the families.
Choices Markets Star of the Season Program
During the holiday season, customers at Choices Market in South Surrey can donate $2 to their Star of the Season program. Proceeds are generously donated to SFP as part of Choices’ mandate to support the growth of healthy communities.
The SFP Board of Directors is made up of volunteers who share in our vision to connect families through play. Are you interested in helping us fulfill our mission? Contact SFP Executive Director Lisa Legazpi and tell us more about yourself.Email Us